UoL LAMP Server Security Statement
Adapted from a response by the University of Leicester Research Computing Support team
- All LAMP servers are virtual. The physical servers are located at the University of Leicester main site.
- Servers are backed up nightly and the backups are sent to a University of Leicester remote site.
- Physical access to the servers access is restricted to IT Services and Estate Staff.
- Access to the Operating System is restricted to the LCBRU IT and University of Leicester Research Computing Support teams.
- Servers may be accessed from the internet and are protected by the University of Leicester firewall.
- Each application is separated onto its own virtual server and thus protected from breaches in other applications.
- Authentication for access to the operating system is provided by University of Leicester Windows network authentication, which enforces a strong password policy.
- Servers are monitored and regularly patched for security vulnerabilities.
- The servers are regularly penetration tested using Nessus.
- Connections to the server pass through a reverse proxy, that strips out requests and request content which may compromise security.
- Encryption using SSL (HTTPS), when used, is managed centrally, with the ciphers regularly reviewed and updated.
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.