OpenClinica HowTo Import Data
- Convert a CSV file into a CDSIC XML file using Odin
- If importing data for patients at a site level, choose the site in Odin, but always import into OpenClinica from within the study level.
- Select the
Importoption from the
- Select the Odin output file.
- Error messages are displayed in red. If you get an error, correct the data in the CSV file and redo the Odin transformation, reusing the mapping file.
- Error messages are not always shown, but you can tell if the import has not worked because it will ask you to upload a file at the bottom of the screen.
- Errors often occur in look ups, which it calls
Response Sets, because the data contains an invalid option.
- Data can be imported into the same event / events multiple times, with the values overwriting the existing data. If the column does not exist in the new data set, the value will not be overwritten.
There is a OCDataImporter desktop client that is hard to use, does not import repeating values, but does give better error messages than Odin.