Opal HowTo Import Data
- Create a project from
Projects > Add Project
- Remember to select the data database.
- In the project
Filestab, create 2 folders called
Uploaded Data. This is just a suggestion.
- Select the
Dictionariesfolder and click the
Uploadbutton to upload the dictionary files. (See the format in the
Upload dataresource above)
- In the
Uploaded Datafolder upload the data files.
- NB: It expects CSV files to have comma separators. If the file is tab delimited, it requires the file to have a TSV extension.
- Go to the
Tablestab in the project and select the
Add Tablebutton and select
Add/update tables from dictionary.
- Browse for the dictionary file in the project dictionary folder and follow the dialogue.
- Then also in the
Tablestab, click on the
- Select CSV format and click
- Browse for the data file in the project files.
- Change the name of the table to the table that you want the data uploading into.
- NB: If the file is tab delimited, you need to change the delimiter to
\tin the advanced settings.
- Click next and select the dictionary definition and click finish to import.
- The data is loaded in a background task that can be viewed in the project
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.